Much Ado About Nothing
David Tenant dons miniskirt, tights and a pig’s snout for trust’s next live screening
An unorthodox version in modern dress of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing is the next live screening on offer from Shakespeare’s Guildhall Trust at St George’s Guildhall.
David Tenant and Catherine Tate play battling lovers Benedict and Beatrice in Wyndhams Theatre’s outrageous romp on Friday, April 8. The production in modern dress brought enthusiastic reviews.
The production is the latest West End performance to be brought to King’s Lynn by the trust in its continuing aim of maintaining activities at the guildhall until proposed plans for the complex come to fruition.
Benedict and Beatrice are adamant in their mutual dislike while their compatriots Claudio and Hero are deeply in love. The two stories take an unexpected course with all the twists and turns beloved of the playwrite.
Tickets at £8.50 are available from the Corn Exchange Box Office 01553 764864 and on the door. Under 18s go free
Latest Local News…
- Festival Too Is Back May 20, 2022
- Appeal following serious collision on A1065 May 19, 2022
- Foodbank Support Continues May 18, 2022
- Summer Holiday Scheme Returns May 18, 2022
- Happy Birthday West Norfolk Wins May 18, 2022
- Police Survey Launch May 18, 2022
- Police urging us to be vigilant following scams May 18, 2022
- New Hospital Discussed In Parliament May 17, 2022
- Archery Week May 17, 2022
- Hanse Festival Returns May 16, 2022