West Norfolk Carers Support Group
People in the King’s Lynn area who care for someone with poor mental health are being invited to drop in to a new support group offering help, advice and a listening ear.
Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT) has joined forces with Norfolk and Waveney Mind to set up the group, which meets for the first time on Carers’ Rights Day on Thursday 23 November.
It is open to anyone who lives with or helps someone with poor mental health, regardless of whether they are currently receiving support from NSFT’s services.
They will be able to speak to staff from NSFT and Mind about any issues related to caring, including care plans, concerns and how to get help outside of working hours. People who come along will also be signposted to additional sources of support, should they need it.
The group will run every six weeks starting at 6pm so that people who work can attend.
The first drop in will take place at Mind’s REST (Recover, Eat, Support and Talk) Hub at 56, High Street, King’s Lynn. Everyone is welcome to drop in between 6pm and 8pm.
Latest Local News…
- Praise For Mental Health Care December 4, 2023
- Holy Cross Church of England Primary December 4, 2023
- South Wootton Junior School December 4, 2023
- Fairstead Community Primary 2023 December 1, 2023
- Police Hunt Driver November 30, 2023
- Howard Junior School 2023 November 30, 2023
- Vietnam Adventure For West Norfolk Students November 29, 2023
- Award Nominations For Lifeline Schemes November 29, 2023
- Speedway Squad Complete November 29, 2023
- More Money For Community Projects November 29, 2023