The following schools are closed 19/07/22 at 06:22
- Downham Market Academy (PE38 9LL) – Due to the extreme weather warning, it is not safe for students and staff to be on site. Work will be set online for students. We will reopen as normal on Wednesday provided the forecast does not prevent this.
- Hillcrest Primary School (PE38 9ND) – After opening on Monday, and despite our best efforts, it was evident that the conditions across our buildings were not suitable for either the children or the staff. With temperatures forecast to be even higher tomorrow, we have opted to close. The school will reopen on Wednesday.
- Howard Junior School (PE30 4QJ) – The school building is covered in scaffolding poles which are heating up. We also have additional roof building work, wooden boarding and materials on the roof. We are a two-storey building and the upper floor is too hot. Windows can’t be fully opened because of the scaffolding. Under health and safety because the temperature will be 40+ degrees. Celsius we are closed for these factors. Thank you. Safety must always come first.
- Iceni Academy – Methwold Site (Secondary) (IP26 4PE) – Due to the unprecedented weather forecast, we have decided to close the academy on Monday and Tuesday, with over 500 students due to travel on buses in the heat of the day, and restricted indoor space. Please refer to our website, social media sites or letter to parents (emailed) for further details about online learning provisions.
- Nelson Academy (PE38 9PF) – Due to the extreme weather warning, it is not safe for children and staff to be on-site on Monday 18th July and Tuesday 19th July. Work will be set via ClassDojo for children which will include live lessons. Children should return to school, as normal, on Wednesday 20th July.
- West Walton Community Primary School (PE14 7HA) – hot weather
Also affected by the weather…
The Linnets game against Peterborough United has been postponed until tomorrow. The game that was meant to be held at the walks this evening has been called off due to the extreme temperatures.
- There will be NO Gt Northern Trains today (Tuesday 19th July) during the Red Weather Warning – Buckled rails at Watlington have put pay to the planned shuttle service between Lynn and Cambridge.
- King’s Butchers, Wisbech Road, South Lynn will be closing at 1 pm due to the heat putting extra pressure on their fridges. Open as normal tomorrow.