King’s Lynn Men’s shed is in need of a little bit of help to ensure its survival. They have been asked by the council to vacate their home on the 15th of April and need a new place to carry out their great work in the community. King’s Lynn Men’s Shed supports Men and Women who might live alone, have disabilities, or just need to be part of a group of people. They work on projects together, catch up with a cuppa and keep their mental health on track.
They are a charity and are appealing to anyone who has a unit or barn where they could set up again. If you have any ideas of where they can go please look them up on Facebook or visit Kings Lynn Shed on the web
If you think you might enjoy being part of the King’s Lynn Men’s Shed get in contact with them via the website above or call 0790 0951400. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter
What is a Men’s Shed?
- A larger version of the typical Men’s Shed in the garden!
- A group of men working on projects of their own choosing at their own pace and in a safe, friendly, and inclusive venue.
- Somewhere to feel at home, have a laugh, socialise, pursue practicalinterests and stay active!
- A place to capture and pass on skills and craftsmanship between each other.
- The Shed can also be a place to come and sit for a while, have a chat over a cup of tea.
What is a Men’s Shed is not…
- A formal training programme but you may gain new knowledge and skills.
- A health programme but your health and wellbeing may improve.
- A service for men but activities organised by men.
- An information service but you can ask for the information you need.
- A sports club but you could play sports.